Our Simple Journey of Faith, Family and Life

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oat Bran Muffins


2 1/2 c. oat bran cereal (or any all grain cereal)
I use Bob's Red Mill 100% Whole Grain, cereal  $3.49 (1 Lb 8 0z) bag
10 Grain Hot Cereal. The grains are: Wheat, Rye, Triticale, Oats & Oat bran, Corn,  Barley, Soybeans, Brown Rice, Millet, & Flaxseed {Heart-Healthy}

1/4 to 1/2 c. chopped nuts (I use pecans, but reguar walnuts would  be good)

1/4 to 1/2 c. dried fruit (I use raisins & cranberries)

1 TBS. baking powder

1/4 c. honey or molasses (I use Sorghum)

1 1/4 c. milk

2 eggs

2 TBS veg. oil (I use a mashed banana)



350 degrees, spray muffin tin with Pam cooking spray or us muffin papers
mix all together, bake 15 to 20 min

NOTE:
There is no presertives so you must keep in your refergator or freeze them. I freeze mine and we take them out as wanted for breakfast.

Also for normal muffin pan, this recipe will make 12, BECAUSE I use a "muffin TOP" pan, I usually get 15 or 16 at a time and they are BIG.

Come-on now, you know when you eat a muffin it's ALWAYS to TOP you eat first, right, well my Precious Mom found in some catalog called Muffin TOPS ONLY pan and she bought all of the women in our family one. We love and use our always. It's the greatest invention sence an electric coffee maker

No comments:

Post a Comment