Our Simple Journey of Faith, Family and Life

Friday, December 17, 2010

Grandma's Green Bean Casserole

The first of November I recieved a newsletter from the Arkansas Dept. of Agriculture filled with all kinds of great reading and eye openers, along with this wonderful recipe. I've made this both for our own Thanksgiving and our family loved it, so when our TOPS group was having our Christmas Party, I made it for that as well and everyone loved it, and requested the recipe. SOOOO I'm also sharing the recipe here on my BLOG for all my followers to enjoy.. I only wish I had taken a photo of it to share with you, it's beautiful


                             Grandma's Green Bean Casserole


2 TBS. butter

2 TBS. flour

1 cup sour cream (I use a bit more)

1 tsp. salt (I don't use salt)

1 tsp. sugar

1/2 of onion (diced)

3 cans of french style green beand (drained)

2 c. shredded cheese

1/2 c. crumbled ritz crackers


OVEN: 350 degrees

Melt butter in large fry pan over med heat, add flout and stir until smooth. Stir in sour cream, sugar, salt, onion and mix well, remove from heat, gentle add green bean and stir to cover with sour cream mixture.

Transfer the mixture to a 2 quart baking dish (spray with pam for easy clean up). Spread cheese over green beans, sprinkle with ritz cracker crumbs
Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown and cheese is bubbly

Makes 10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment