Our Simple Journey of Faith, Family and Life

Thursday, July 2, 2020

John 19:26-27

Today's Scripture: John 19:26-27 (NIV) - Jesus Words in [ ] in Capital letters

When Jesus saw His mother (Mary) there, and the disciple (John) whom He loved standing nearby, He (Jesus) said to His mother (Mary), [DEAR WOMAN, HERE IS YOUR SON], and to the disciple (John), [HERE IS YOUR MOTHER]. From that time on, this disciple (John) took her into his home.

NOTES:
John 19:25-27
Even while dying on the cross, Jesus was concerned about His family. He instructed John to care for Mary, Jesus' mother. Our families are precious gifts from God, and we should value and care for them under "all" circumstances. Neither Christian work nor key responsibilities in any job or position excuses us from caring for our families. What can you do today to show your love to your family?

John 19:27
Jesus asked His close friend John, the writer of this Gospel to care for Jesus' mother, (Mary), whose husband must have been dead by this time. Why didn't Jesus assign this task to his brother? As the oldest Son, Jesus instrusted His Mother (Mary), to a person who stayed with Him at he cross - and that was John.

"ALL" Notes were taken from NIV Life Application Bible

~~~ MY NOTES: ~~~
I have been struggling with the the "understanding of the rosary", Hail Mary, Holy Mary - worshiping Mary, etc. NO I'm not nor ever have been Cathloic, but I have been friends with several Catholics and listen to their love and devotion of the rosary and love for Mary as "their mother". They believe when Jesus said unto John here is your mother, He meant to all of us here is your Mother. We should love and honor her giving her high place in our lives. - They believe when Jesus said to Mary, here is your son, that she now became the mother of all us.

Frankly no where in the bible have I found this. They believe they are showing the way to Jesus by repeating the rosary over and over again and Praising Mary as their mother as well.

Personally, I hold God My Father in Highest regard. Dueteronomy 20:3 "God said,You shall have no other God before me"; Matthew 4:10 "Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only" ...I live to please Him and walk according to His Word & Will. I Live for Jesus, His Son and my Saviour.

Mary in my opinion must have been a truly faithful young woman, and (My feeling here), I'm sure God saw that she would not turn from Him God as she delivered and raised "His Son" and she her son. I'm possitive she was a beautiful mother, wife, & friend, servant of God. But she is not my mother. I believe she was a perfect part of God's plan, and once Jesus was born, raised, died, and rose from the Grave her mission was now over. No where does it say in the Bible were to call her our mother and accept her as our mother. - I have always told my children you can have many wonderful people in your lives, take to possitive from each of them into your life and rebuke the negative. use the possitive to build your character & intergery and be the very best you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment