1. We could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
2. Our house would have new carpet instead of the twenty-year old stuff
3. All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of dog
4. When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.
5. When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without falling over
the dog bodies trying to beat me there.
6. We could sit on the couch the way we wanted, without taking into
consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get
7. We wouldn't have strange presents under my Christmas tree-like dog
bones, stuffed animals or have to answer to people why we wrap them.
8. We wouldn't be on a first name basis with the vets at Loving Hands
9. The most used words in our vocabulary would not be: "out", "sit",
"down", "come", "no", "stay", and "leave him/her/it ALONE".
10. Our computer room wouldn't contain two 3 x 4 foot kennels.
11. Our pockets would not contain things like poo bags, dog treats and an
12. We would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L or F-R-I-S-B-E-E or
13. We wouldn't have as many leaves INSIDE the house as outside.
14. We wouldn't look strangely at people who think having their ONE dog
ties them down too much.
15. We'd look forward to Spring instead of dreading "mud season".
16. They'd be lots more room in the king sized bed.
17. Our sleep wouldn't be interrupted by barking whenever an owl hoots or
the neighbor's dog goes out for a midnight stroll.
18. The bill for groceries wouldn't include $9.00 for a bag of Purina One,
$7.99 for Greenies, $10.75 for three jars of Newsome's Puperoni Twisties.
19. We wouldn't have to answer the question "Why do you have two dogs?"
from people who will never have the joy in their life of knowing they are
loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.
Yep, if we didn't have dogs, how empty life would be....