Our Simple Journey of Faith, Family and Life

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dr. Oz's GREEN Breakfast Drink

Make the breakfast drink that Dr. Oz swears by! This "green drink" is high in fiber, low-calorie and rich in vitamins.


Ingredients:
2 cups spinach

2 cups cucumber

1 head of celery

1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root

1 bunch parsley

2 apples

Juice of 1 lime

Juice of 1/2 lemon


Directions
Combine all ingredients in a blender. This makes approximately 28-30 ounces, or 3-4 servings.

NOTE:
Ok one & all, I made it according to the directions and I think Dr. Oz meant to say to run it through juicer and NOT the blender. The blender makes so much and so think that I had to add water to thin it enough to swallow and drink without chocking on the thickness. It taste good none the less, but then I enjoy fresh juice and will drink this watered down and make a fresh batch again this weekend only I'll be using the juicer instead of the blender..

No comments:

Post a Comment