Our Simple Journey of Faith, Family and Life

Friday, December 17, 2010

The NOOK

                                                       An E-Reader
                                                    {Barns & Noble}

Yesterday (Thursday 12/16/2010) Mother, Aunt Lois & I went to Branson to Best Buy to buy Mother a NOOK (Price ranges from $149. to  $199.) so she could download books into it and read them at home in the evenings and relax.  My Aunt Lois gave her the money to buy this for her Christmas Present.

When we got home I reminded her that I  knew nothing about them excupt from what little bit I caught from Oprah, Ellen & Dr Oz giving them away in their grand end of the year Christmas give aways, (which in laymans terms means duhhhhh I don't know what I'm doing here)..

So we opened the box and they might as well have had it written in Dutch because it meant nothing to me. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. So we plugged it in to charge the battery, which gave me 3 1/2 hrs to read and figure out what to do next.

I thought I regerstered it on line, Mom bought 3 E-books, Plus $25.- yearly membership which means she gets discounts on E-books she buys for the next year.
Turned on the cute little lite she bought for it (another $50.-) but still didn't understand how to connect the 2 pieces of this puzzle together.

After trying and trying to get the books downloaded with no sucess I finally went home to de-fuse my stress level and get a fresh start this very morning.

I walked into Mom's and picked up the lite and slid the NOOK into the small flap and it snapped into place, perfectly, (why didn't they tell you what to do or have a photo showing you...duhh)

Oh now I'm feeling pretty sure I can handle this monster called the NOOK, so I turned it on, no e-books, went to the bank and yes indeed they had taken the money out for them all, so on the phone I went to call them. I sat there for nearly 35 min. before a human actually answered, I still had to register the silly thing, I had regerestered Mom's buying power yesterday, today I had to do virtually the same thing only on the NOOK. Then turn it off and re-start it,

YEP there are Mom's books sitting right there on her new NOOK, she's as happy as a new baby with her new toy, it's as easy as 1,2,3 if they would only tell you in simple terms so even I can do it.

Set her up for Extra Large text and she's as happy as a bug in a rug

Would I reccomend a NOOK to someone else-- YES, -- if  E-Books are a thing you'd enjoy reading.

I also understand you can download music into your NOOK as well as an I-phone, but were not going there with this. Mom's using her's for reading only {God Willing}

No comments:

Post a Comment